Senior Client Relationship Manager
- SALES DEVELOPMENT
The position you’re applying for
As a Client Relationship Manager (CRM) you will seek to originate, develop and manage relationships with clients [distributors, pension funds, insurance companies, family offices and corporations]. Focus for this role is on Institutional client segments, but with a collaborative approach on the other segments.
You have a passion and enthusiasm for Investments , you are a self-starter with a strong sense of client focus. Often times, you will provide product solutions to existing clients (where technical expertise will be essential) but equally important you will originate new client interactions in new market segments. In addition, you will process and articulate market feedback that captures investment sentiment (here entrepreneurial skills and drive will be critical). You will be part of the Dutch Sales team operating in an international context that will develop and implement new strategies – providing expert analysis of changing client sentiment and appetite. The principal objective is to analyse, maintain/ build up and develop a portfolio of client relations in order to increase the net sales clients and the profitability for BNP Paribas AM.
- Taking part in executing the commercial strategy in the country
- Responsible for acquiring new business via both potential/new and existing clients – Identify new business opportunities and upcoming strategy searches
- Experience in bringing sustainable investment solutions to NL clients
- Ability to project manage with many stakeholders towards delivery of appropriate investment solutions to clients
- Capacity to develop long term client relationships as a trusted partner
- Responsible for all allocated clients (potential and existing) within the Netherlands and demonstrate coverage via detailed Account Planning
- Will establish contacts with local field consultants in line with the guidance of the central Consultants Relation Management team
- As Private Markets are becoming an increasing area of focus for BNP Paribas’ Client base, expertise in Private Markets would be essential
Local Market and industry Knowledge
- Will have an in depth understanding of the local regulation, current situation and problems in the territory
- A deep knowledge of the NL Pension market: clients, structure, regulation, trends.
- In particular: an understanding and clear vision of the opportunities and challenges that the new NL pension system brings – especially now with the foreseen changes in the context of the new pension agreement.
- Ability of having in-depth strategic discussions with professional clients is essential, on international, European and especially Dutch regulation, accounting and legal specificities
Authority in the Industry Segment
- In addition to the requirements for (general) local market and industry knowledge, the CRM is typically being seen as a leading authority in the segment (including the required and technical know-how on relevant products
- An in depth insight in private markets and proven sales track record in this area
- The CRM has a pro-active and driving role in promoting new initiatives that are key for the further development of the segment(s), and in contributing to the strategic plan for the sector.
- The CRM has oversight in the various stakeholders in the segment and has an active role in the further development of the network from BNPP AM”s perspective.
- The CRM should be able to have strategic discussions with the main Senior discussion makers
What we’ll offer if you accept the challenge
- A fulltime job for 40 hours a week
- Competitive compensation including 13th month and holiday allowance
- Participation in the discretionary bonus scheme
- A contribution to your pension
- Homeworking and commuting allowance
- 30 holidays per year and the possibility to buy holiday hours
- Great colleagues, informal and international and pleasant working atmosphere
Who you are
- A proven sales professional as well as an exceptionally expert investment professional with capital raising and product development expertise
- Credible candidates will have an unblemished track record of accomplishing large scale transactions
- This highly accomplished professional will thrive on all the challenges associated in developing a growing business
- Understands client issues and works with teams to develop long-term relationships based on trust and cooperation
- Necessary for this role is an expert understanding of institutional finance and investment criteria and a demonstrated track record of investment success and effective innovation. Creativity will bode well for the success of this professional.
- Demonstrate a systematic approach to business development including the use of Client mapping (Forward looking plans) on prospects.
- Energetic, pro-active and flexible work attitude
- Risk aware entrepreneurship
- Pro-active, transparent and team focused
- Taking ownership of actions, getting things done
- Consider the implications of actions on colleagues, partners and clients
- Emphasis on the importance of sustainability in how we manage clients’ money
- Ability to inspire and be a role model. Understands how their behaviors will influence the behaviors of others around them.
- Adaptability: good in 1:1 situations as well as large groups
- Gravitas – conducts themselves with a very high level of professionalism and creates positive impressions with others.
- Integrity – will always act with integrity and ensure that others do the same.
- Courage – is able to face situations head on and find the most logical solution. Does not avoid, but confronts issues constructively with professionalism and confidence. Dares to do things differently.
Stakeholder/relationship management: is able to effectively influence and negotiate with multiple stakeholders, keeping them informed and engaged. Will actively seek out value creation opportunities with internal stakeholders.
Decision-making: will actively involve others in situations where decisions affect them, understands impacts of decisions on others
Result-driven: Acts with tenacity, balances costs and benefits. Continuously seeks optimum performance.
Specific other role requirements:
- Diplomacy and tact
- Collaborative, enjoying working in a larger environment where decisions are made by building consensus with participants.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Project management skills are an advantage
- Strong presentation skills
- Attention to detail, strong organisational skills and high level of accuracy
Who we are
BNP Paribas Asset Management is part of BNP Paribas, the European Union’s leading bank and a key player in international banking. BNP Paribas has a presence in 65 countries, with more than 190,000 employees, including nearly 145,000 in Europe. In the Netherlands, with 1,300 employees at our ten entities, we offer solutions and advice in real estate, asset management, insurance, financing, leasing and mobility.
Why choose BNP Paribas as an employer
What we do will only be of value if it contributes to a sustainable and inclusive society within safe planetary boundaries. We act responsibly and find it important that you do the same. Together, we can make all the difference and have an impact.
Your potential is limitless, just like our drive and commitment. It’s important to us for our people to keep growing and developing. So, not only do we give you access to training and courses of all kinds, but there are also plenty of career opportunities to grow into other parts of the BNP Paribas Group locally and internationally.
It’s important to us for our employees to feel comfortable. We stand for a diverse and inclusive workplace where everybody can be themselves: an informal and open working environment with a wide variety of backgrounds, both locally and internationally, where a flexible and hybrid way of working is the standard.
To find out more about what it’s like to work for us, see Your career at BNP Paribas in the Netherlands: Discover opportunities
Does this sound like you?
To apply, simply upload your curriculum vitae and a brief cover letter and we’ll be glad to invite you for an introductory interview.
Please bear in mind that we conduct pre-employment screening.
Unsolicited offers by external organisations to help us find a suitable candidate will not be considered.