Our sustainability commitments
Sustainability at the heart of our strategy and as a guide for everything we do
We are BNP Paribas, the bank for a changing world
In a world in constant motion, BNP Paribas mobilises all its resources for the responsible growth and support of clients in their transition to a more sustainable economy.
We provide financial services that are relevant to our clients, with respect for the world we live in. That is our mission – a mission devoted to sustainability.
Our strategy stands on four pillars:
Keying into the financial needs of our clients and financing in an ethical way
- Aiming for investments and financing with a positive impact on the environment and society
- Promoting responsible economic growth and jobs
- Integrating ESG (environmental, social and governance) risks
- Speeding up the transition to a more sustainable economy
- Since 2016 we are signatory of the United Nations Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI)
- In 2021, BNP Paribas as a group joined the UN’s Net-Zero Banking Alliance.
- Since 2018, we have been using the PACTA methodology for measuring the impact of our loan portfolio on the targets of the Paris Agreement.
- Clients can use our Manaos app to measure and analyse the ESG risks and sustainability of their investment portfolios.
Supporting clients in their transition to lower carbon emissions and a better environment
- Mitigating the negative impact of climate change
- Promoting the energy transition
- Developing a circular economy
- Protecting the environment and biodiversity
- Together with NN Investment Partners, we have been speeding up the energy transition by making sustainable energy accessible to all investors.
- Royal Cosun, a leading international farmers’ cooperative, signed a 10-year lease contract with BNP Paribas Leasing Solutions to finance more than 28,000 solar panels at the Cosun Solar Park in Puttershoek.
- In 2021, BNP Paribas signed an agreement for two green loans with Olatein, a joint venture between DSM and Avril.
- BNP Paribas Asset Management in 2021 launched its Ecosystem Restoration Fund
Proving all staff with an enjoyable, safe and inspiring place to work
- A workplace where everyone feels at home and nobody is excluded
- An employer that provides room for personal growth and development
- A working environment that encourages people to share ideas
- MixCity is a BNP Paribas network for the promotion of gender diversity, the advancement of women to top positions and a better work/life balance.
- CulturALL is an internal network for the promotion of ethnic-cultural diversity at work..
- Next BNP is an idea-sharing platform for all young professionals at BNP Paribas.
Making a positive contribution to change in society
- Combating social exclusion
- Supporting initiatives in financial education, art & culture and the environment
- Supporting the community initiatives of individual employees
- JINC helps young people between 8 and 16 years get a good start in the labour market. BNP Paribas supports JINC financially and contributes to various volunteer activities.
- BNP Paribas has been working since 2011 with Stichting Leven en Financiën (LEF), one of the fastest growing financial education initiatives in the Netherlands.
- With its #1MillionHours2Help initiative, BNP Paribas allows staff, during office hours, to make a personal contribution to a more inclusive, environmentally conscious society.