ReferenceNL CIB 765
- Standard / Permanent
Corporate Tax Officer – Center of Amsterdam, 40 hours/ fulltime
In a small team, you’ll be analysing, reviewing and advising the Business Lines and Group Departments on Dutch corporate taxes involving all three BNP Paribas Divisions (CIB, CPBS and IPS) and their respective Business Units (a.o. Corporate Banking, Investment Banking, Insurance, Consumer Finance, Leasing, Factoring, Securities Services, Asset Management, Wealth Management) with key focus on corporate taxation matters.
You will be showing responsiveness and a good balance between compliance and commercial understanding in preparing tax filings and advising the business lines and Group departments proactively on products and requests, often within a short timeframe.
In this role, you will:
· participate to the strategic development of control of NL tax efficiency, NL tax compliance, NL tax risks and NL tax reputational risks for BNP Paribas and its business.
· focus on the Dutch tax position of BNP Paribas Group itself in the first place (tax compliance, tax efficiency, tax risks and reputational risks), but in addition will involve the tax structure and compliance of products offered by BNP Paribas in the Netherlands
· provide internal tax advise to Business Units, often working in co-operation with colleagues of Group Tax, other Group departments and Business Units on transactions and products that involve multiple jurisdictions.
Who we are
BNP Paribas is a European leader in banking and financial services, with a significant and growing international presence in 75 countries and nearly 190,000 employees. Corporate & Institutional Banking is the investment bank division, with a strong global presence employing 20,000 people across 50 countries, providing to its clients financing, advisory and capital market services. BNP Paribas Corporate & Institutional Banking aims to develop long-term relationships with her clients and accompany them throughout their business and investment strategies.
In the Netherlands BNP Paribas is one of the largest and leading non-Dutch banks. Thanks to our global network combined with our local expertise, we unlock business opportunities across the world for our clients.
What we do will only be of value if it contributes to a sustainable and inclusive society within safe planetary boundaries. We act responsibly and find it important that you do the same. Together, we can make all the difference and have an impact.
Your potential is limitless, just like our drive and commitment. It’s important to us for our people to keep growing and developing. So, not only do we give you access to training and courses of all kinds, but there are also plenty of career opportunities to grow into other parts of the BNP Paribas Group locally and internationally.
It’s important to us for our employees to feel comfortable. We stand for a diverse and inclusive workplace where everybody can be themselves: an informal and open working environment with a wide variety of backgrounds, both locally and internationally, where a flexible and hybrid way of working is the standard.
- Analytical and able to translate your findings into a solid advice to our stakeholders.
- Highly organized with a positive attitude and you have the ability to handle high-stress situations in a calm and professional manner.
- Holding a good and up-to-date knowledge of and practical experience with EU/Dutch corporate taxation.
- Willing to develop a broad knowledge and experience in Dutch taxation.
- Willing to get to know BNP Paribas Group, its various business lines, products and staff.
- A strong team-player who enjoys working in an international environment.
- A master degree (or equivalent education/work experience) in fiscal law or fiscal economics.
- At least two years of relevant experience as in-house tax officer, tax inspector or as tax consultant, preferably within an international organization. Experience in financial services/financial industry is a true plus.
- Self-starting capabilities and willingness to develop capabilities, also for other Dutch taxes.
- Ability to bring across tax perspective in multi-discipline teams (i.e. when working together with business managers and other staff departments).
- Advanced experience with Excel and Business Objects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Dutch and English.
As part of the application procedure there is an assessment and Pre-Employment Screening (PES). A PES includes a check of your ID and credentials, a statement of good behaviour and a statement regarding liability at the time of commencement of employment.